At this time clergy are not allowed to visit assisted living or hospitals. Please contact the church if you have an emergency. Our online prayer request form can be found here.
UPDATE THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, 2021
PUBLIC WORSHIP OUTDOORS CONTINUES AT MT. LEBANON CHAPEL & DOWNTOWN
In light of the current increase in COVID cases, the Vestry has unanimously voted to keep all services OUTDOORS for the time being. The clergy and leadership of St. James Parish are following the directive of the Bishop and as time moves forward we will reevaluate in the coming days.
View the COVID Update from The Rev'd Michael Singer (01.21.2021)
View the Vestry's Update to the Parish (12.09.2020)
View a Message from Our Search Committee (9.04.2020)
HOW IS ST. JAMES RESPONDING?
Around the Building
- While the church is currently closed to public gatherings and we have been utilizing recommended cleaning methodologies from authorities in our efforts for mitigation.
- We are currently offering Sunday Morning Prayer prayer on our website and Facebook page.
- We are offering Weekday Morning Prayer on our Zoom. LEARN MORE
- We encourage everyone to worship with us online or outdoors at Mt. Lebanon Chapel or on the St. James Lawn until the building closings have been lifted.
- Visit our Faith Formation page for a full list of current offerings. CLICK HERE
- Additional resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
PARENT HELP: EDUCATING YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
National Association of School Psychologists
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
NPR | Goats and Soda: Stories of Life in a Changing World
Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
Virginia Theological Seminary | Building Faith
Coronavirus, Anxiety, Children and the Church /
New Hanover Disaster Coalition
NHDC is our local leader of community partners in our response to COVID-19
New Hanover County Health Updates and Information
General information about the virus and updates relevant to our local Wilmington area community
Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina Resources and Updates
Our Diocesan website COVID-19 news and updates
Presiding Bishop Michael Curry's Statement on Coronavirus
A message from the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church
Episcopal Relief & Development - Faith-Based Response to Epidemics
General guidelines for how churches should conduct themselves when an epidemic happens
Episcopal Church - Concerning COVID-19
The Episcopal Church's information webpage, including guidelines and churches and faith resources
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus Information and Map
General information about the virus and location-based updates in the United States and abroad