A Faith-Based Response to Epidemics
At this time clergy are not allowed to visit assisted living or hospitals. Please contact the church if you have an emergency. Our online prayer request form can be found here.
UPDATED WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2020
PUBLIC WORSHIP STAYS ONLINE THROUGH JUNE
In light of the current health situation and the Bishop’s directive, all public gatherings have been cancelled or moved online until the end of AUGUST. The clergy and leadership of St. James Parish are following the directive of the Bishop and as time moves forward we will reevaluate in the coming days.
View our Re-Opening Update (8.12.2020)
View Senior Warden, Steve Thomas', Address (06.28.2020)
View Bishop Skirving's most recent letter (5.29.2020)
View Bishop Michael Curry's most recent letter (3.31.2020)
Worship Remotely- Digital Service Options during COVID-19
HOW IS ST. JAMES RESPONDING?
Around the Building
- While the church is currently closed to public gatherings and we have been utilizing recommended cleaning methodologies from authorities in our efforts for mitigation.
- We are currently offering Sunday Morning Prayer prayer on our website and Facebook page.
- Rev. Jay Sidebotham will be offering Daily Morning Prayer starting Monday March 23, 2020 on our Facebook page.
- We encourage everyone to worship with us on online, until the closings have been lifted.
- The Rev. Cheryl Brainard has taken her popular series "The Bible & Handel's Messiah" and made this offering available online. Click here to learn more.
- Resources will be shared on our social media platforms, so be sure to follow us: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
PARENT HELP: EDUCATING YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
National Association of School Psychologists
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
NPR | Goats and Soda: Stories of Life in a Changing World
Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
Virginia Theological Seminary | Building Faith
Coronavirus, Anxiety, Children and the Church /
New Hanover Disaster Coalition
NHDC is our local leader of community partners in our response to COVID-19
New Hanover County Health Updates and Information
General information about the virus and updates relevant to our local Wilmington area community
Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina Resources and Updates
Our Diocesan website COVID-19 news and updates
Presiding Bishop Michael Curry's Statement on Coronavirus
A message from the Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church
Episcopal Relief & Development - Faith-Based Response to Epidemics
General guidelines for how churches should conduct themselves when an epidemic happens
Episcopal Church - Concerning COVID-19
The Episcopal Church's information webpage, including guidelines and churches and faith resources
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus Information and Map
General information about the virus and location-based updates in the United States and abroad