Vacation Bible School
VBS Summer 2023 is scheduled for July 31-August 3rd.
Vacation Bible School will be here before you know it! We're in need of some helping hands to make it all come together. This year's VBS is July 31-August 3. Please take a moment to review our different opportunities and sign up for the role that best suits you. Details for each role are available below!
- Free nursery care available each day from 8:30-12:30 for children under 3 yrs of age.
- All children of volunteers may attend for free as long as a parent volunteers for all 4 days of VBS.
- Coffee, snacks and drinks provided daily.
- Fun, fellowship and lots of laughs!
Adult Volunteer Roles:
- Station Leaders: Be a part of the core planning team. Meet once a month leading up to VBS. Collaborate with the other station leaders to carefully plan meaningful activities for each day in your station. Help organize and prepare supplies for the activities for your station each day along with help and support from other volunteers. Attend all four days of VBS and lead lessons each day as groups rotate through your station. Choose a station that sparks your interest:
- Bible Story Room
- Craft Room
- Science Room / Mission Room
- Group Leaders: Show up with enthusiasm from 8:30-12:30 each day of VBS. Greet children in your group as they arrive each day and stay until each child in your group has been dismissed. Lead your group from station to station each day. Monitor behavior and encourage children in your group to participate in activities throughout each day. No planning, teaching or prep work required. * Our goal is to have 2 adults with each group and along with a Youth helper.
- Snacks / Hospitality Team: Work with the core planning team to plan creative and healthy snacks that help reinforce the theme and message each day. Grocery shop, gather and organize ingredients and supplies for each snack. Prep and serve the snacks each day of VBS. * All groups will come together in the gym or Great Hall for snack time each day.
- Car Line Helper: Open car doors and escort children to join their group in the opening assembly each day of VBS from 8:30-9:15 AM. Escort children from the closing assembly to their cars each day of VBS from 11:45-12:15 PM.
- Photographer: Document the fun and fellowship of VBS by taking photos (group shots, action shots and candids) each day. Share photos with Erin Becker at the end of each day. Be mindful of those who may choose not to have their photo taken or shared.
- Set Design & Prep: Work with the core planning team to plan and create an exciting and welcoming setting for VBS. This will likely involve refrigerator boxes, paint and lots of tape! :) Creativity and imagination is a must! Help organize volunteers to help with assembly and set-up during the week of July 26-30. Attendance is welcome but not required during the week of VBS.
- Set-up Helper: Show up during the week of July 26-30 to help prepare materials and set up for VBS. Attendance is welcome but not required during the week of VBS.
- Coffee and Snack Donations: Sign up to drop off hot and fresh coffee one morning to help fuel all of the VBS volunteers. Set up and/or restock the coffee station and provide light snacks and drinks to keep the volunteers going throughout the week.
Youth Volunteer Roles:
- Skits: Work closely with the assembly leaders and Bible Story leader to plan, rehearse and act out skits at opening and closing assembly and Bible stories in the Bible Station each day. High energy and loud voices are a must!
- Assistant Music / Motions Leaders: Learn the words and motions to the songs before VBS (music and videos provided). Work with the Assembly leaders to hype the crowd and lead the songs and motions at the opening and closing assembly each day of VBS. High energy, enthusiasm and big smiles required. Rhythm optional. :)
- Group Helper: Show up with enthusiasm from 8:45-12:00 each day of VBS. Greet children in your group as they arrive each day and assist with dismissal. Help lead your group from station to station each day. Model good behavior and encourage children in your group to participate in activities throughout each day. * Our goal is to have 2 adults with each group and along with a Youth helper.
- Station Helper: Show up each day of VBS to assist a Station leader. Help prepare materials and assist with clean up during each rotation. Model activities and assist children with the activities in your station room. Choose a station that sparks your interest:
- Craft Room
- Science Room / Mission Room
Share this page: Vacation Bible School