Education for Ministry (EfM)
Education for Ministry
EfM is a 4-year study that only asks for a yearly commitment. This program has been provided through the School of Theology in Sewanee, TN for over 40 years. It enables participants to explore and deepen their Christian belief through study of the Bible, Christian history, and theology. We examine our own beliefs and reflect on applying scripture to our everyday lives. Our goal is to deepen our faith and to discover how to express it in service to others.
What EfM has meant to our participants:
- “one of the most meaningful and exciting activities I have participated in”
- “the thoughtfully planned 4-year program was a wonderfully fulfilling part of my life”
- “a chance to connect with other Christians in a loving and welcoming environment”
- “changed me through the small group experience that helped me to know God personally through Christian community and prayer”
- “class times are full of lively discussions as we explore our faith together”
- “a luxury to spend 2 ½ hours a week devoting time to my own spiritual journey”
Each year, St. James offers a daytime and evening opportunity to join Education for Ministry. The evening session welcomes new class members each fall. The daytime session welcomes new class members each January.
Contacts: Karen Clark, [email protected], & Rachel Pace, [email protected]
Share this page: Education for Ministry (EfM)