Those seeking baptism, or parents of the child being baptized, are required to participate in the St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal associated with their baptism. It is held at St. James and godparents are encouraged to attend if they are able in person or attend virtually. St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal occur the Saturday before the date of baptism. We require parents and Godparents read “Preparing for Baptism in The Episcopal Church” by Anne Kitch prior to St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal.
The following is our schedule of upcoming baptism dates:
- The Great Vigil of Easter: April 16, 2022 (Mt. Lebanon Chapel)
- Bishop Visitation: May 1, 2022(Downtown)
- Pentecost: June 5, 2022 (Downtown and Mt. Lebanon Chapel)
- Second Sunday in July: July 10, 2022 (Downtown and Mt. Lebanon Chapel)
- Sunday after Labor Day: September 11, 2022 (Downtown)
- All Saints’ Sunday: November 6, 2022 (Downtown)
- Baptism of Our Lord: January 8, 2023 (Downtown)
To download our St. James New Parent Resource Packet, Expecting Episcopal, CLICK HERE.