Those seeking baptism, or parents of the child being baptized, are required to participate in the St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal associated with their baptism. It is held at St. James and godparents are encouraged to attend if they are able in person or attend virtually. St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal occur the Saturday before the date of baptism. We require parents and Godparents read “Preparing for Baptism in The Episcopal Church” by Anne Kitch prior to St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal.
The following is our schedule of upcoming baptism dates:
- Baptism of Our Lord: January 9, 2022 (Downtown)
- The Great Vigil of Easter: April 3, 2021 (Mt. Lebanon Chapel)
- Bishop Visitation: May 2, 2021 (Downtown)
- Pentecost: May 23, 2021 (Downtown and Mt. Lebanon Chapel)
- Second Sunday in July: July 11, 2021 (Downtown and Mt. Lebanon Chapel)
- Sunday after Labor Day: September 12, 2021 (Downtown)
- All Saints’ Sunday: November 7, 2021 (Downtown)
To download our St. James New Parent Resource Packet, Expecting Episcopal, CLICK HERE.