Baptisms at St. James Parish
Those seeking baptism, or parents of the child being baptized, are required to participate in the St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal associated with their baptism. It is held at St. James and godparents are encouraged to attend if they are able in person or attend virtually. St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal occur the Saturday before the date of baptism. We require parents and Godparents read “Preparing for Baptism in The Episcopal Church” by Anne Kitch prior to St. James Baptism Preparation and Rehearsal.
These are the dates especially appropriate for baptism in the Episcopal church:
- Baptism of Our Lord - January 7, 2023 (Downtown)
- The Great Vigil of Easter - March 30, 2024 (Please note this is an evening service beginning at 8:00 p.m.)
- Bishop Visitation - Typically Early May
- Pentecost - May 19, 2024 (Downtown)
- All Saints’ Sunday - November 5, 2023 (Downtown)
If you would like to have a member of your family baptized at St. James Parish, please download and complete THIS FORM and return it to our Parish Office or complete the form HERE online. Have questions, please reach out to Executive Assistant to the Clergy, Leah Magruder at [email protected].
To download our St. James New Parent Resource Packet, Expecting Episcopal, CLICK HERE.